Following on from my basic health tips here is some insight on my daily routine and some of my favourite juice and smoothie recipes’.
My food log. . .
0600 – 1 litre of water
0630 – Wheyless
0830 – Brekky – 500ml Green Juice
1030 – Snack – almonds, Wheyless protein balls or kalari Crush shot
1230 – 500ml “Liquid Lunch”
1430 – Wheyless
1630 – Shot of wheatgrass or flora Maxi greens
1830 – Dinner – Green Capsicum stuffed with Quorn Bolognese
2030 – Couple of spoons of Natural Yoghurt
In total I consume a further 2-3 Litres of water a day on top of the morning cleanse – depending on whether or not I attend a hot yoga class.
Please note. . .
The above is a typical work day – However if I am home I will have a breakfast of Chia Oatmeal (banana, apple, orange, flax seed, chia seeds, cinnamon and raisins).
Variations of the green juices and smoothies may include watermelon, lemons, sweet pumpkin seed carrot milk or blueberry potato almond milk (all recipes can be found in Hurom recipe book and so easy to make).
It’s weird…I just read my food log and it looks like I’m eating the whole time! Lol! What a departure from a year ago when I couldn’t even face one meal a day. Guess I have my appetite for life back.
Some green juice recipes to inspire you . . .
- Kale, cucumber, bok choi, celery, cucumber, lime, blueberries and water melon
- Green Apple, cucumber, celery, lemon and ginger
- Pear, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, lemon and kale
- Pineapple, Cucumber, Lime, celery and apples
- Cucumber, kale, spinach, carrot, beetroot, celery and lime
Some delicious smoothie recipes to inspire you . . .
- Apple, almonds, natural yogurt, blueberries and ice
- Apple, cucumber, celery, baby leaf spinach, watercress, avocado and ice
- Banana, mixed berries, apple, cucumber and coconut water
- Banana, frozen berries, baby spinach, fresh coconut flesh (optional) and acai powder
- Blueberries, almond milk and ice
The best thing about juicing and smoothie recipes is that you can mix it up! Have some fun with it, anything goes! It is a great way to wake up in the morning and a fantastic way to re-energize during the day. Watch this space as tomorrow I will share my favourite dinner meals to cook at home.