TVSN is your ultimate Dresstination this week! Tune in every day at 10:30am as we showcase the latest in dresses!
DO’s and DON’Ts for Dressing for your Shape
The warm, breezy summer season is upon us! If you are as excited as us about this new, vibrant weather then we know you must be excited to dance into the lighter evenings in chic elegance. Whatever your shape and size, you can look and feel gorgeous with our fabulous Do’s and Don’ts for accentuating your best features and enjoying your curves.
If you are a pear, your lower body will be wider than your upper body. You will have a rounded bottom and a beautifully well-defined waist.
Best Features: Your upper body, arms and torso
Dress Aspiration: Show off that tiny waist off yours
- Wear dresses that hit right above the waist
- Look for boat neck, square and cowl necklines
- Experiment with ruffles and large details on top to give proportion to the bottom half of your body
- Hide your waist
- Forget to wear dresses with lighter tops and darker bottoms to highlight your smaller upper body
- Be afraid to elongate your legs with interesting dress patterns and styles
If you are an inverted triangle, you will have a broad chest and narrow shoulders with a narrow waist and hips.
Best Features: Your legs
Dress Aspiration: Show off your lower body
- Look for a dress that creates the illusion of a waist
- Wear wide belts to accent your upper body
- Look for dresses with a straight design (eg. shift dresses)
- Clutter your upper body with too much detail
- Wear dress styles with shoulder pads
- Wear necklines that make you look broader (eg. halter neck)
If you are a rectangle, your waist, hip and shoulder widths are similar.
Beast Feature: Your arms and legs
Dress Aspiration: Create curves and show off your slender arms and legs
- Wear a good bra
- Experiment with colourful dresses
- Create gentle curves with bottom details on the dress
- Wear boxy, cluttered styles
- Wear straight lines from top to bottom
- Wear noticeable waist details (eg. wide belt)
If you are an apple, most of your weight is above the hips, which are narrow. Your back, ribs and shoulders are broad.
Best feature: Your amazing legs!
Dress Aspiration: Elongate your torso and show off your legs
- DO go for v-neck tops to create the illusion of a longer torso
- DO wear a bra that offers good lift and support
- DO wear shorter dresses to show off your legs and draw attention away from your midsection
- Wear excessive fabric around your midsection
- Wear dresses which finish above your knee
- Wear dresses with cluttered detail around your midsection
If you are an hourglass, your shoulders and hips are similar in proportion and set off by a tiny waist.
Best Feature: Your curves
Dress Aspiration: SHOW OFF YOUR CURVES
- Wear a good bra to showcase your bust
- Wear fitted dresses
- Try a wrap dress
- Hide your curves under baggy dresses
- Wear straight dresses that don’t accent your waist
- Wear higher necklines which cover up your cleavage